Footballer Accused of Rape Loses Police Job
The police force gave a red card Friday to a celebrity footballer mixed up in a series of serious allegations, including raping a minor and threatening to murder his girlfriend. The decision to expel Atit Daosawang marked the end of the Chiang Rai United defender’s police career, three years after he joined the ranks as a noncommissioned officer. Police spokesman Krissana Pattanacharoen said the 25-year-old athlete has missed more than 15 days of work without explanation. “It is considered dereliction of duty,” Krissana said. Once a rising star who played in domestic and international tournaments, Atit became mired in legal troubles and controversies in recent years. Most recently, his ex-girlfriend wrote on social media that Atit was not only a gambling addict and alcoholic, but he also forced her to lend him money and threatened to kill her. A separate criminal investigation was launched against Atit in 2016 on suspicion... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Footballer Accused of Rape Loses Police Job, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - State weighs impact of 5G bid delay
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Chinese Leader Meets with US Trade Delegation in Beijing
- - Vietnamese airlines get access to US for first time
- - 19 injured after bus crashes into Sa Kaeo property
- - Ko Ni: Gunman gets death penalty in murder of Myanmar Muslim lawyer
- - Indonesian plantation firms dodge US$220 million in unpaid fines years after disastrous land fires
- - There are 'encouraging signs' from Singapore Airlines' earnings, analyst says
- - All signs point to more money pouring into Chinese markets this year
- Older News
- Vote! Refugee footballer makes triumphant return to Australia Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - MELBOURNE: Refugee footballer Hakeem al-Araibi made a triumphant return to Australia Tuesday, ending a two...
- Vote! Refugee footballer freed after Bahrain drops extradition Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - The Criminal Court has freed refugee footballer Hakeem al-Araibi after Bahrain dropped its extradition request,...
- Vote! Refugee footballer to be freed after Bahrain drops extradition Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - Thailand will free refugee footballer Hakeem al-Araibi after Bahrain dropped its extradition request, a prosecution...