Financier Jeffrey Epstein to Remain Jailed until Sex Trafficking Trial
American financier Jeffrey Epstein will remain behind bars while he awaits trial on charges of sex trafficking dozens of underage girls, a U.S. judge ruled on Thursday.U.S. District Judge Richard Berman announced his decision at a hearing in federal court in Manhattan, rejecting Epstein's request to stay under house arrest in his New York mansion valued at $77 million. Epstein has pleaded not guilty.The money manager's social circle over the years has included Donald Trump before he became U.S. president, former President Bill Clinton and Britain's Prince Andrew.Epstein is accused of arranging for girls under the age of 18 to perform nude "massages" and other sex acts, and of paying some girls to recruit others, from at least 2002 to 2005.Prosecutors have said that a search of Epstein's Upper East Side home, which has been valued at about $77 million, turned up hundreds or thousands of pictures of nude women, some of them minors, along with cash, diamonds and valuable art.Epstein is being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, a fortress-like jail that has been criticized by inmates and lawyers for harsh conditions. Prosecutors had urged Berman to keep him there until his trial, saying he could use his vast wealth and connections to flee the country. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Financier Jeffrey Epstein to Remain Jailed until Sex Trafficking Trial, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Thursday, 18 July
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! MIT to Review Donations, Apologizes for Jeffrey Epstein Ties VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Massachusetts Institute of Technology President Rafael Reif said Thursday that the elite university would review its process for accepting donations after taking about $800,000 from foundations controlled by financier Jeffrey...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Epstein May Have Gamed The System from Beyond The Grave VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - The will that Jeffrey Epstein signed just two days before his jailhouse suicide puts more than $577 million in assets into a trust fund that could make it more difficult...
- Older News
- Vote! Records: Epstein Signed Will 2 Days Before Jailhouse Suicide VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - Jeffrey Epstein signed a will just two days before he killed himself in jail, new court records show, opening a new legal front in what could be a long battle...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Climate change turns Greenland into strategic, economic hotspot
- - Hong Kong protesters target airport week after arrivals hall mayhem
- - UN: Myanmar Military Intended to Perpetrate Genocide Against Rohingya Muslims
- - Jewish Groups Speak Out Against Trump Immigration Policy
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Under Way
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Underway
- - US Tells Canada It's Urging China to Free Detained Canadians
- - New Sudan Sovereign Council Woman Vows to Uphold Rights of All
- - France, Greece To push for EU Solidarity on Migrant Crisis
- - South Korea Scrapping Intel Pact Strains US Alliance