Fed’s dovish policy will not erase carry trade risks in Hong Kong dollar, analysts say
The Hong Kong dollar’s rebound on Thursday after the US Federal Reserve surprisingly decided to halt its interest rate increases will only be temporary because traders will continue to exploit the gap between Hong Kong and US market interest rates trade activities conducted by traders as global central banks turn to similar looser monetary policies to combat the global economic slowdown, analysts said.The US dollar fell against Asian currencies, including the Hong Kong dollar, following the Fed…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Fed’s dovish policy will not erase carry trade risks in Hong Kong dollar, analysts say, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 21 March
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong court overturns Tsang's misconduct conviction Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: A Hong Kong court on Wednesday threw out former Chief Executive Donald Tsang's conviction for misconduct relating to a property deal while in office....
- Older News
- Vote! Citi says Asian markets badly hit in the trade war are now looking promising CNBC - ASIA (Yesterday) - Citi Private Bank says it has maintained an "overweight" stance on stocks in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea....
- Vote! Singapore PM Lee hopes Trump-Xi meeting on G20 sidelines will rekindle trade talks, sees Hong Kong situation as ‘difficult’ SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Monday said he hoped the highly anticipated meeting between Presidents Donald Trump and Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the G20 summit will...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - In NATO Debut, New Pentagon Chief Aims to ‘Internationalize' Iran Effort
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - Georgian Parliament Elects Ruling Party Candidate as New Speaker
- - Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket