Famous Ban Paew water draining team to save Sakhon Nakhon from flooding
A team of water draining experts from Ban Paew district in Samut Sakhon province is now in the northeastern province of Sakhon Nakhon with their high-powered water pumps to help drain water into Nong Harn fresh-water lake to save the provincial economic zone from flooding. The team together with another one from Nakhon Pathom played a crucial role in draining water out of Tham Luang cave last month, making it possible for the Thai Navy SEALs and the international cave divers to rescue the 12 Wild Boars boys and their football coach from the flooded cave. Sakhon Nakhon governor Witthaya Chanchalong today inspected the operations of the Ban Paew team of water draining experts at the province’s waste water storage pond. The team started pumping water at about 7.30 am. The governor later reported that water in Nong Harn has dropped 7 centimetres and he is optimistic that the inner city will be spared the flooding if there are no more heavy rains. Altogether 25 water pumps have been installed at different corners of the municipal area to drain water out of Nong Harn into the Mekong river in addition to the huge water pumps from the Ban Paew team. 16 districts in Sakhon Nakhon are now partially flooded with the worst in Pone Nakaew district, except two districts namely Phuphan and Waritchapoom which are still safe. In Nong Khai province, the water level of the Mekong river keeps rising with the water level in front of the hydrographic office being measured at 11.52 metres today – 30 cm higher than it was a day earlier and 68 cm below spillover point. Nong Khai governor Ronnachai Chitviset today instructed authorities concerned in all districts bordering the Mekong river to warn people living along the riverbank to move their belongings to higher ground. In... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Famous Ban Paew water draining team to save Sakhon Nakhon from flooding, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Thursday, 2 August, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Prayut extols water management plan Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - The government's "active investment" on water management has been successful in limiting drought damage to local communities and saving people from flooding in the rainy season, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha...
- Vote! Deputy premier orders preparations for flooding in Bangkok Samui Times (6 days ago) - Deputy Premier and Defense Minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan has instructed administrative, military and police officers to coordinate closely in preparations for flooding in all regions of the country during the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - China-Philippines ‘hit and run’: Duterte’s downplaying of the incident is sign of his Beijing dilemma
- - Philippine fishing boat’s sinking in South China Sea was ‘just a collision’, Duterte says
- - Strong earthquake hits southern China; injuries reported
- - Far-right motive seen in German pro-migrant official's murder
- - Book nerd PM: Prayut’s new image?
- - Japan protests Chinese activity near disputed East China Sea islands
- - Protesters leave key roads after historic Hong Kong rally
- - ADB says loan talks ongoing after Pakistan claims $3.4 billion agreed
- - What can we learn from Asia’s election season?
- - Asia markets mixed; Fed meeting set to kick off