Fake passport checks being stepped up as people use Thailand to get into the West
TNA reported on their “Khap Khao” news program on the issue of people travelling with fake passports using Thailand to cover their tracks to the West. Many were coming via Thailand on their way to the US, Canada, Australia, Europe and New Zealand. TNA said that Interpol have stated that 53 million passports have been reported as missing. Thailand as a travel hub is being increasingly used as a staging post for people holding fake travel documents. So the authorities in Thailand are being trained to spot the fakes from the real. As far as Asia goes the majority of people found with fake passports come from the Indian sub-continent with the Middle East a distant second. A representative of the Division 2 Thai immigration explained that people who come via Thailand and not, say, directly from India have a better chance of being allowed in at their destination wherever... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Fake passport checks being stepped up as people use Thailand to get into the West, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence
- Older News
- Vote! Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps Samui Times (Yesterday) - Visa agents in Laksi in Bangkok have been busted by immigration after they circumvented immigration...