Eye on Vietnam, The New Electronics Manufacturing Hub
Jan 19, 2019 Picture: Major electronics makers are desperately seeking new production bases as the U.S.-China trade war shows no signs of abating. For many, Vietnam is the top choice, with a powerful electronics cluster taking shape in the northern part of the country. We went there to find how what’s happening. At the beginning of 2007, not long after Vietnam gained accession to the World Trade Organization, Hon Hai Precision Industry (Foxconn) Chairman Terry Gou set out from his factory in Shenzhen and drove through Nanning in the Guangxi Autonomous Region to Hanoi in Vietnam. (Read: Terry Gou's Secret Bases) He wanted to get a firsthand look at a possible cross-border transportation route in anticipation of setting up a Hon Hai assembly line in northern Vietnam, where wages were less than a third of those in Shenzhen. The factory there would be fed parts and components from the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Eye on Vietnam, The New Electronics Manufacturing Hub, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIA TODAY'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- - Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
- - Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call
- Older News
- Vote! Singapore reports lowest GDP growth in two years as trade ministry warns manufacturers may be vulnerable SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Singapore’s economy grew at its slowest pace in more than two years in the fourth...