Election next year could send SET to an all-time high of 2,000 points
SCB Securities has said that growth in listed companies and foreign investment could drive the SET Index to 1,900 this year, while the election next year could send the index to a new high of 2,000. Pornthep Jubandhu, President of the Investment Strategy Department at SCB Securities Research Group, said that despite volatility in capital markets abroad, the SET Index could exceed 1,800 and potentially reach 1,900. He cited a four-year high in foreign investment that reached 11.4 billion US dollars over the past 12 months. The International Monetary Fund also upgraded its economic forecast for Thailand this year and next year, in contrast with its downgrade of global performance. The country’s outlook is further brightened by the current slowdown in capital outflows, along with 20% growth in listed companies. Rising benchmark interest rates are also expected to benefit industrial zones and banks. Furthermore, the election next year could provide... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Election next year could send SET to an all-time high of 2,000 points, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thailand Business News'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thai General Elections Set for March
- - Pakistan unveils tax cuts, incentives to boost growth
- - Call for Patong Hill caution as tour bus involved in multiple-vehicle wipeout
- - Malaysian royals to pick new king after historic abdication
- - Horse named 'Australian of the year'
- - Real Madrid take top spot from Man Utd in 'money league'
- - More gun-toting drug suspects arrested
- - German man dies after seven-storey fall in Patong
- - Thailand to hold elections on 24 March
- - Army: ‘No knowledge’ of dead activists stuffed with concrete
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Royal Decree Paves Way For 2019 Election Samui Times (Yesterday) - The final hurdle to holding an election this year was cleared Wednesday morning by a...
- Vote! Election on 24 March 2019 Prachatai (Yesterday) - Submitted on Wed, 2019-01-23 18:55PrachataiOn 23 January 2019, the Election Commission has announced to hold...
- Older News
- Vote! Royal decree for election published, EC must set date Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - His Majesty the King on Wednesday issued a royal decree for a general election, which...