Election in February? Debate over election inspectors raises more doubts
By Thai PBS/ For many people, there are good reasons to doubt whether the long-anticipated election will take place within the time frame as outlined in the military junta’s political roadmap? February of 2018 is the time frame that those anxious to see Thailand return to democracy through the ballot box want the military junta to stick to. But an increasing number of politicians are questioning whether it will be kept now that a new factor has emerged that has the potential to delay it. The uncertainty stems from a recent move by a group of 36 members of the junta-appointed National Legislative Assembly to amend the organic law on the Election Commission, specifically regarding the appointment of 616 provincial election inspectors for all provinces, including Bangkok Metropolis. The job of these inspectors – an average of eight for each province – is to ensure that the election is conducted... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Election in February? Debate over election inspectors raises more doubts, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - New B25mn tsunami-warning buoy ‘to be operational tomorrow’
- - Exclusive: Sri Lanka to receive $1 billion Bank of China loan this quarter
- - Indonesian Presidential Candidates Spar Over Corruption
- - Thais confident ahead of Asian Cup clash with China
- - U.S. special envoy in Pakistan for talks on Afghan peace
- - Yonhap: N. Korean Official en Route to Washington for Talks
- - Hewitt: I've been threatened by Tomic
- - Ram Rahim Singh: India guru jailed for life over journalist's murder
- - Chinese Trade Negotiator to Visit US in Late January
- - Wissanu wants poll March 24
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Election and Chinese New Year tipped to fuel growth Bangkok Post (Today) - Thailand's 3.6-trillion-baht retail sector is expected to grow by 3% this year, boosted by the...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Wissanu wants poll March 24 Bangkok Post (Today) - The Election Commission's (EC) proposal to set March 10 as the new election date could...
- Older News
- Vote! Election 2019: Put it in your calendar – March 10 Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - PHOTO: Protesters in Bangkok demanding the Thai Government announce election dates Bets are on for...