Eight customers injured in explosion at Bangkok laundry shop
Eight people, five of them women, were injured in the early hours today when an explosion went off at a newly opened laundry shop in Din Daeng district, Bangkok. Police suspected a gas leak to be the cause of the explosion. They said the Chinese-made coin-operated laundry machines in the shop are powered by cooking gas and some eyewitnesses told police they smelled leaked gas shortly before the blast. Victims, aged between 15 and 61, were rushed to nearby hospitals after the incident, said Pol Lt Adisak Seniyut, a Sutthisan police investigator. He was alerted to the explosion at 2.30am. Phiraphong Chaiyaburi and Atthaphon Kongsuk who witnessed the explosion said they were among a number of customers visiting the laundry shop in Soi Inthamara 36 for a free service offered by the shop owner at around 2am today. The two eyewitnesses said as they were waiting in line for... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Eight customers injured in explosion at Bangkok laundry shop, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- Older News
- Vote! Sydney axe attacks: Woman jailed for wounding 7-Eleven customers BBC News Asia (4 days ago) - Evie Amati randomly struck customers in a Sydney convenience store, leaving two badly injured....