Duterte says peace talks with the communists to resume in July
Peace talks between the Philippine government and the Communist Party of the Philippines are expected to resume next month, according to the Manila Times Online report on Saturday. Speaking in Cebu, President Rodrigo Duterte reiterated his commitment to peace negotiations with the communists, saying he had been talking with CPP founder Jose Maria Sison. “I’m talking to Sison. We will start the talks maybe July,” said the president. On Friday, Sison welcomed Duterte’s announcement of peace talks to be resumed. “If the NDFP (National Democratic Front of the Philippines) agrees to a stand-down agreement with the GRP (government of the Republic of the Philippines) negotiating panel, the CPP and the NPA also agree and will follow the terms of the stand down agreement, “said Sison. He said the stand-down agreement would create a favorable atmosphere for the resumption of peace talks and the interim peace agreement to be signed in...
If you wish to read the full news article, Duterte says peace talks with the communists to resume in July, simply click on
'Read full story' below, but give us a 'LIKE' or share 1st