Duterte: Philippines and China partners in drug, corruption war
THE PHILIPPINES and China are a united front in the fight against illegal drugs, terror and corruption, President Rodrigo Duterte said Tuesday at the opening of a global economic forum in Beijing. “The Philippines is showing how complex relations are not a bar to a positive and mutually beneficial engagement. With China, we stand together in the war on criminality and the illegal drug trade,” Duterte said in his speech at the Boao Forum for Asia, as reported by the Phil Star. “We are shoulder to shoulder in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism. Make no mistake: there can be no progress without stability in Asia’s lands and waters.” SEE ALSO: China, Philippines bullish over improving bilateral relations Relations with China have thawed since Duterte took office in 2016. Traditionally a staunch ally of the US, Manila has been making a steady pivot towards China as Beijing continues to invest... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Duterte: Philippines and China partners in drug, corruption war, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19
- - Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1
- - Thai woman murdered in Phuket – police search for Greek husband
- - Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
- - Hua Hin: Thai woman trampled to death by elephants on her way to do the washing
- - Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- Older News
- Vote! Taho-gate has stained Duterte’s Philippines-China love affair SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - They say a picture is worth a thousand words. A single, seemingly trivial, incident can...
- Vote! Sri Lanka looking to hire executioners for US$200 a month as it resumes hanging for drug trafficking SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - Sri Lanka began advertising for hangmen this week, as the country’s president pushes ahead with...
- Vote! Sri Lanka hiring hangmen, inspired by Philippines' war on drugs REUTERS ASIA NEWS (6 days ago) - Sri Lanka began advertising for hangmen this week, as the country's president pushes ahead with...