Dusit Zoo to close down end of August
The Dusit Zoo, a landmark of Bangkok for the past 80 years, will be closed down at the end of August with all animals moved to six other zoos run by the Zoological Park Organisation of Thailand, Dusit Zoo’s public relations office annnounced. After the closure of the Dusit Zoo, a new zoo will be built on a 300-rai plot of land in Khlong 6 area in Tambon Rangsit of Pathum Thani’s Thanyaburi district. The land has been donated to the Zoological Park Organisation of Thailand (ZPOT) by His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn Bodindradebayavarangkun. Zoological park officials have divided some 1,600 animals in the Dusit Zoo into groups to decide which of the six zoos should house them. For instance, it was initially agreed that all the birds would be transferred to the Khao Khieo Open Zoo in Chon Buri. They six zoos are: Khao Khieo Open Zoo in Chon... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Dusit Zoo to close down end of August, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence