Donald Trump now says there’s ‘no rush’ for North Korea to give up nuclear weapons, sinking hopes that summit with Kim Jong-un will set deadlines
US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he wants North Korea to end its nuclear programme, but has no pressing time schedule for this, as he dispatched his special envoy to finalise preparations for a second summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un next week.Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said sanctions against North Korea would remain in place in the meantime and noted Pyongyang’s freeze in nuclear and missile testing since 2017.“I’m in no rush. There’s no testing. As…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Donald Trump now says there’s ‘no rush’ for North Korea to give up nuclear weapons, sinking hopes that summit with Kim Jong-un will set deadlines, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Tuesday, 19 February
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! North Korea, US Spar Over Sanctions VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - North Korea believes there are no legitimate reasons to maintain sanctions against the country since it has not conducted nuclear and missile testing for well over a year, a North...
- Older News
- Vote! Cheollima Civil Defense wants to take on Kim Jong-un and free North Korea. Who are they, and do they have a shot? SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - A dissident group plotting to overthrow North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has appealed to the media not to expose its members’ identities and compromise their safety, citing the regime’s “death...
- Vote! Tighten N. Korea Sanctions by Targeting Banks, Experts Say VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - The United States needs to target banks that facilitate illicit transactions for Pyongyang to increase sanction pressure on North Korea to the maximum, said experts. The U.N. Panel of...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Stocks in Asia falter amid US-China trade uncertainty
- - Asia stocks falter amid US-China trade uncertainty
- - Asia stocks set to slip on US-China trade uncertainty
- - 'Faces' still carry poll clout
- - City gets coronation makeover
- - Taxi fare jumps 40 baht in 200 meters – and the registration inside and out doesn’t match
- - Italy Set to Join China’s Belt & Road Initiative
- - Japan Olympic chief quits in face of corruption charges
- - North Korea, US Spar Over Sanctions
- - Soccer: Bangladesh FIFA official held in defamation case gets bail