Dengue fever cases over 50,000 in 2018
Thailand health officials say the country has topped the 50,000 mark with dengue fever cases so far in 2018. According to the Ministry of Health’s Bureau of Epidemiology, a total of 50,079 cases have been reported from the 77 provinces up to August 27. 65 of those cases died from complications related to the disease. The areas where you are most likely to contract dengue include Phuket, Nakorn Pathom, Phichit, Maehongsorn and Krabi. Dengue fever is an infectious disease carried by mosquitoes in mostly tropical zones around the world. Dengue used to be called “break-bone fever” because it often causes severe joint and muscle pain that patient’s describe feels like bones are breaking. People contract the dengue virus from the bite of an infectious Aedes mosquito – you can’t get dengue from another human. The Ministry of Health reports that there are three types of dengue fever in order of less severe to most: the typical uncomplicated dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHS) and dengue shock syndrome (DSS). The World Health Organization estimates there may be 50–100 million dengue infections worldwide every year. However, new research from the University of Oxford and the Wellcome Trust suggests that the number is more likely to be 390 million dengue infections per year worldwide. Read the Top 10 ways to avoid contracting dengue HERE. The post Dengue fever cases over 50,000 in 2018 appeared first on The Thaiger.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Dengue fever cases over 50,000 in 2018, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Sunday, 2 September, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand’s dengue fever cases “double the five year average” – epidemic declared Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - “The situation is also the same in Thailand’s neighbour countries.” The Department of Disease Control on Friday has declared a dengue fever epidemic this year. From Jan 1 to June...
- Vote! Dengue fever epidemic declared Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - The Department of Disease Control on Friday announced a dengue haemorrhagic fever epidemic this year as there have been 28,785 patients, 43 of whom died....
- Vote! Health warning: Chikungunya cases up in Thailand’s southern province Phuket Gazette (6 days ago) - Thai health authorities are reporting 86 new cases of the Chikungunya virus in the last week alone. There have been 3,592 cases – nearly all in southern Thailand – this year....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Ocean view Condo for sale Patong
- - Organizers say nearly 2 million march in Hong Kong protest calling for top official to quit
- - Massive demonstration chokes Hong Kong as extradition anger boils
- - Massive power outage hits Argentina, Uruguay
- - Indian magician Jadugar Mandrake missing after Ganges escape stunt goes wrong
- - Italy’s ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ arrested in Thailand for George Clooney fraud, fake Rolex scams
- - First Indian grey wolf to be spotted in Bangladesh for decades gets beaten to death by farmers
- - 'Toon' thanks Isan people for charity run
- - High-speed rail project mired in land issues
- - Crowds demand Hong Kong's top official quit after only pausing on China extradition plan