Defying China, Malaysia releases Uighur detainees
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia has freed from detention 11 ethnic Uighur Muslims who fled to the country after a Thai jailbreak last year and sent them to Turkey, their lawyer said on Thursday, in disregard of China's request to hand them to Beijing.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Defying China, Malaysia releases Uighur detainees, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Bangkok Post'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington
- Older News
- Vote! All 7 Uighur escapees recaptured in Mukdahan Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - MUKDAHAN: All of the seven Uighur nationals who escaped from an immigration police detention cell...
- Vote! Uighur escapee caught, three more sought Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - MUKDAHAN: An escaped Uighur detainee was captured at a rubber plantation on Saturday while a...
- Vote! Officers transferred after Uighurs escape detention Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - The chief of Mukdahan immigration office, his deputy, and an immigration police officer will be...