Vote!

Defence spokesman denies seized arms originated from Cambodia

Cambodia’s Defence Ministry insisted that an arms cache seized from a Thai man in Thailand’s Trat province last week did not originate from Cambodia, according to Phnom Penh Post Online report. Defence Ministry’s spokesperson Chhum Socheat said in his Facebook post on Thursday (April 19) that the report that the weapons were smuggled from Cambodia into Thailand was “fake news”. The alleged smuggler, Chayut Prasertvit, was arrested near the Cambodian border in Trat province on April 10.  He allegedly confessed that the smuggled weapons from Cambodia were to be delivered to a client in Trat. Among the weapons seized included four fully-assembled M16 assault rifles, two Chinese-built Type-95 assault rifles and several parts that could be assembled into weapons. Socheat said that these weapons did not exist in Cambodia. “In Cambodia, there is no use of such types of weapons,” he wrote. However, the Phnom Penh Post reports that shooting...

 

If you wish to read the full news article, Defence spokesman denies seized arms originated from Cambodia, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but give us a 'LIKE' or share 1st .

 


Post date:
Date Modified:

 

Read full story...

 

 

 

 

Thailand News Phuket News  /  Asian Travel News South Korea - Malaysia - Singapore - China - Philippines - Laos - Burma - Cambodia - Vietnam - Indonesia

 

 BACK TO: Phuket Hotel Deals - Phuket Flights - Phuket Travel Articles - Phuket News - Phuket Real Estate - Asia Jobs

 

Scroll to Top - Sitemap