Defector: Trump 'Stabbed the Heart' of North Koreans at Summit
Some North Korea defectors are feeling betrayed by U.S. President Donald Trump for his praise of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un during their meeting in Singapore, rather than confronting him about widespread human rights violations committed by the repressive government in Pyongyang. At the U.S.-North Korea summit in Singapore on Tuesday President Trump called the North Korean leader a “terrific person” and “a great leader,” and that he cares greatly about the welfare of his people. “He loves his people, not that I’m surprised by that, but he loves his people,” said Trump during an interview in Singapore with VOA contributor Greta Van Susteren. Defectors disheartened Trump’s embrace of Kim in pursuit of denuclearization has left North Korean defectors and human rights advocates like Jung Gwang-il feeling abandoned. Jung was among a group of defectors that met with the president in the White House after his... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Defector: Trump 'Stabbed the Heart' of North Koreans at Summit, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1
- - Thai woman murdered in Phuket – police search for Greek husband
- - Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
- - Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19
- - Hua Hin: Thai woman trampled to death by elephants on her way to do the washing
- - Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!
- - Suspect in murder of two monks arrested
- - Iran summons Pakistan's envoy over deadly suicide bomb attack - Tasnim
- - Pakistan rolls out red carpet for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- New In Last 5 Minutes
- Vote! N. Korea says it faces 'historic turning point' ahead of summit Bangkok Post (Today) - SEOUL: North Korea is facing a "significant, historic turning point", state media said on Monday,...
- Older News
- Vote! US commander in Asia Philip Davidson admits North Korea probably won’t give up all its nuclear weapons, as new Trump-Kim summit looms SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - Weeks before a second summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim...
- Vote! The second Trump-Kim summit will boost North Korea. Could it gain even more from Vietnam? SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - As Vietnam prepares to host the second summit between Kim Jong-un and United States President...