Deaths of two Thai students ruled a murder-suicide
Two Thai women found dead in an apartment in Seattle’s University District in the US have been identified by the local medical examiner’s office. The Seattle Times reports that the Coroner has determined that the 32 year old woman fatally stabbed her younger roommate and then killed herself, according to The Seattle Times. The died last Saturday. 25 year old Kornkamon Leenawarat died from multiple stab wounds – her death has beenruled a homicide. Thiti-on Chotechuangsab died from a stab wound to the chest – her death has been ruled a suicide. The two Thai women met while attending Boston University and roomed together at Malloy Apartments in Seattle’s University District since Kornkamon began working on her second master’s degree in March, according to one of the relatives. The Seattle Times quotes a relative as saying that the University of Washington was asked to perform a ‘wellness check’ on Kornkamon on Saturday afternoon after no one had heard from her for two or three days. Kornkamon was reportedly a Thammasat University law graduate and a niece of Krisada Leenawarat, mayor of Thanyabur municipality in Pathum Thani. The University of Washington President Ana Mari Cauce has confirmed that both women were master’s students attending the university’s law school. “This is a heartbreaking loss for their families, friends and our entire community. I offer condolences on behalf of our University to everyone who is grieving as a result of this tragedy,” said the University President. According to Kornkamon’s relative, who lives in Houston, Texas, her mother died two years ago. Her father, three brothers and her sister all live in Thailand, but several of her first cousins live in the Houston area. SOURCE: Thai PBS The post Deaths of two Thai students ruled a murder-suicide appeared first on The Thaiger.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Deaths of two Thai students ruled a murder-suicide, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Friday, 7 September, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand urged to do more on suicide prevention Phuket Gazette (6 days ago) - PHOTO: Amansquest.comIn Thailand, World Suicide Prevention Day was marked yesterday by the Director General of the Mental Health Department calling on the country to do more to address the issue...
- Vote! Thailand leads ASEAN nations in annual suicide rate Phuket Gazette (6 days ago) - “Thailand, which ranks in 32nd place with 14.4 of suicides per 100.000 population – or nearly 10,000 suicide deaths last year.”Every 40 seconds, someone loses their life to suicide and...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Sihanoukville airport expansion gets nod
- - CDC Activates Emergency Measures to Combat E-Cigarette Use
- - New York Prosecutors Seek 8 Years of Trump Tax Returns
- - Panel: Full-Scale War Looms in South Sudan One Year After Peace Accord Signed
- - Chinese American Couple Charged With Theft of Trade Secrets From Ohio Hospital
- - US Service Member Killed in Action in Afghanistan
- - Railing Against Corruption, Democratic White House Hopeful Warren Rallies Thousands in NY
- - Investors poured US$45 billion into Indian stock market but now Modi ‘euphoria’ is wearing off
- - Elon Musk testified he worried Thai cave rescuer might be 'another Jeffrey Epstein'
- - Musk hires detective to probe man who sued over ‘pedo guy’ tweet