Death sentence upheld for Japan’s ‘Black Widow’ who poisoned lovers and pocketed millions in insurance and inheritance
A Japanese court on Friday upheld the death sentence for a woman dubbed the “Black Widow”, who used cyanide to kill a string of elderly and rich lovers and pocketed millions in insurance payouts and inheritance.The Osaka High Court rejected an appeal by Chisako Kakehi, 72, to overturn her sentence of death by hanging for the murder of three men – including a husband – and the attempted murder of another, in a case that gripped Japan.Kakehi became notorious after using poison to dispatch a…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Death sentence upheld for Japan’s ‘Black Widow’ who poisoned lovers and pocketed millions in insurance and inheritance, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 24 May
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - China-Philippines ‘hit and run’: Duterte’s downplaying of the incident is sign of his Beijing dilemma
- - Philippine fishing boat’s sinking in South China Sea was ‘just a collision’, Duterte says
- - Strong earthquake hits southern China; injuries reported
- - Far-right motive seen in German pro-migrant official's murder
- - Book nerd PM: Prayut’s new image?
- - Japan protests Chinese activity near disputed East China Sea islands
- - ADB says loan talks ongoing after Pakistan claims $3.4 billion agreed
- - Even without a House majority, junta can still function minimally.
- - More than 40 per cent of India’s new MPs face criminal charges but they got elected anyway
- - Modi, Duterte, Widodo have something in common – and it’s not just winning elections