Death of destitute North Korean mother and child sparks national soul-searching in wealthy South Korea
By the time Han, a North Korean defector, and her six-year-old son were found at their rented flat in southwestern Seoul, they had been dead for weeks.The building manager who found the bodies made the grim discovery only after being alerted to a strange smell. The water to the flat had been cut off due to unpaid bills, and the fridge was empty but for some chili flakes.The 42-year-old mother, who fled poverty in North Korea a decade prior, had made her last withdrawal of 3,858 won (US$3) from…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Death of destitute North Korean mother and child sparks national soul-searching in wealthy South Korea, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Saturday, 17 August
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! South Korea Removes Japan from Fast-Track Trade List VOA NEWS (Today) - South Korea has followed through with a pledge to remove Japan from a preferred list of nations that enjoy fast track trade status, the latest chapter in an escalating diplomatic...
- Older News
- Vote! South Korea confirms first outbreak of African swine fever, will cull nearly 4,000 pigs SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - South Korea on Tuesday reported its first cases of African swine fever, becoming the latest country hit by the disease that has killed pigs from China to North Korea, pushing...
- Vote! For Separated Koreans, Memories Fading and Time Running Out VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - Jin Gyeong-sun was in his early 20s when he fled Pyongyang during the Korean War, heading to South Korea and leaving behind two sisters and a brother in the North.Seven...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Polarized Politics Deepens Divide Over Who Is a 'Real' American
- - France’s Macron Toughens Immigration Stance Amid Fears of More Asylum Seekers
- - LA 'Tent Cities' Becoming Shantytowns, Expert Says
- - Trump 'Substantially' Increases Iran Sanctions, Blaming Tehran for Saudi Oil Field Attacks
- - Sri Lanka to hold presidential vote on Nov. 16
- - Pakistan refuses permission for Modi to fly across its airspace
- - Pakistani plan for media courts sparks fears for press freedom
- - Crossing on Pakistani-Afghan border expands to 24 hours in bid to boost trade
- - Pakistan PM to urge Trump to restart Afghan peace talks
- - UK Government Insists Suspension of Parliament Was Not Illegal