Crocodile sighting prompts warning against swimming off Nai Han beach
No-swimming signs were put up on Nai Han beach in Phuket today after a crocodile estimated to be about two metres long was sighted swimming in the sea about 100 metres from the shoreline on Wednesday. Tambon Rawai mayor Aroon Soros said there are fears that the crocodile, which is believed to have escaped out of a crocodile farm on the island, is still in the sea off Nai Han beach near a rock formation toward Laem Krathing. Crocodile watch teams have been set up to look out for the reptile whereas tourists were warned not to swim in the area until the crocodile is captured. Mr Chatuphorn Burutpat, director-general of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, said that officials from marine and coastal resources office in Phuket had been ordered to observe the situation on Nai Han beach. He admitted that he didn’t know the species of the crocodile. Earlier last... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Crocodile sighting prompts warning against swimming off Nai Han beach, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence