Criminal Court begins first trial of Victoria Secret human trafficking
The Criminal Court on Monday (Apr 9) began the first trial of nine suspects accused of human trafficking over the raid of Victoria Secret massage parlour where over a hundred of Myanmar female migrant workers were rescued by the combined force of officials from the Department of Special Investigation and soldiers. The suspects included Boonsap Amornratanasiri, alias Pa Kob, 55, or Sia Kob, the manager of the massage parlour was arrested in the raid on January 12. All were charged for human trafficking and for prostitution trade. DSI forwards “Victoria Secret” human trafficking case file to state prosecutors for court trial DSI raids “Victoria Secret” massage parlour for alleged human trafficking Police to file human trafficking charge against owner and staff at Victoria Secret PM orders authorities to press human trafficking charges on all involved in Victoria Secret scandal 300-million-baht assets of Victoria Secret proprietor frozen At the hearing the court read the charges in the suit filed by the state prosecutor and asked whether they would plead guilty or deny. The suit said the nine suspects and others still at large had collaborated in committing the crimes since October 2016 to January 12 this year by luring 113 Myanmar female workers aged from 15 years old to prostitution at Victoria Secret. However all the suspects denied the human trafficking charge and stated they would defend themselves in the court. The court then scheduled June 4 for both the DSI and the defendants to review their evidences before the next trial session begins. The post Criminal Court begins first trial of Victoria Secret human trafficking appeared first on Thai PBS English News.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Criminal Court begins first trial of Victoria Secret human trafficking, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Monday, 9 April, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Court to rule in Premchai black-leopard trial on Tuesday Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - Attention will focus on Thong Pha Phum Provincial Court on Tuesday, when judges will deliver their ruling in the black-leopard poaching trial of construction billionaire Premchai Karnasuta and his associates....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Two injured in shooting at Phuket spa
- - Man whose wife was shot dead in Christchurch attack has message for accused killer Brenton Tarrant: ‘I still love you’
- - In Thai Election, New 'War Room' Polices Social Media
- - ‘Traumatised and paranoid’: Malaysians in New Zealand struggle after Christchurch terrorist attack
- - Kyodo: Japan Olympic Committee Chief Takeda to Resign
- - Premchai jailed for 16 months, not guilty of leopard charge
- - China's Xi Urges Teachers of Political Courses to Tackle 'False Ideas'
- - New Zealand shooting: Jacinda Ardern vows accused terrorist will face ‘full force of the law’
- - Asia markets decline ahead of Fed meeting
- - Germany launches 5G auction amid row with US over Huawei