Court orders BMTA to pay Bestrin Group and affiliates 1,159 million baht in compensation for illegal cancellation of bus contract
The Central Administrative Court today (Tuesday)ordered Bangkok Mass Transit Authority, the city’s bus operator, to pay compensation for damage worth 1,159 million baht to four suppliers of 489-unit NGV bus fleet for illegal cancellation of the procurement contract. The four bus suppliers are Bestrin Group, R & A Commercial Vehicles SDN BHD, Sun Long (Shanghai) Automotive Company and Pei-fang Guangzhou New Energy Technology. The court said that the Bestrin Group and its three affiliated firms entered into a contract to supply BMTA with a fleet of 489 NGV buses on September 30, 2016 with a condition that all the buses were to be delivered within 90 days of the date of the signing of the contract. The companies imported 489 NGV buses into the country on January 24, 2017 and 390 of them were installed with GPS system, including 292 which were registered with the Land Transport Department under the name of BMTA. But BMTA refused to accept delivery of the buses, claiming that it had received a letter from the Office of the Attorney-General suggesting it to wait for an answer from the Customs Department regarding the origin of the buses. BMTA also claimed that the bus fleet was not delivered within the 90-day deadline. However, the court ruled that the BMTA’s claims to reject the bus delivery contradicted with the resolution of the committee charged with taking delivery of the buses that the suppliers could deliver the bus fleet in different lots. The court ruled BMTA’s unilateral cancellation of the contract on ground that the suppliers did not supply the buses within the deadline as specified in the contract as wrongful. Also, the courted noted that the origin of the buses which were supposed to be fully assembled in China was not an essence of this procurement contract although the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Court orders BMTA to pay Bestrin Group and affiliates 1,159 million baht in compensation for illegal cancellation of bus contract, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Tuesday, 10 April, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Former army captain gets death sentence over Si Sa Ket murder Phuket Gazette (4 days ago) - by Pongpat Traipipat After nearly a year in court, the former army captain Supachai Paso has been sentenced to death over the abduction and murder of Si Sa Ket-based...
- Vote! Myanmar farm workers get B1.7m Bangkok Post (7 days ago) - After a three-year trial that exposed questionable labour practices used by Thailand's thriving poultry industry, 14 Myanmar workers learned Tuesday they would receive a total of 1.7 million baht in...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Two injured in shooting at Phuket spa
- - Man whose wife was shot dead in Christchurch attack has message for accused killer Brenton Tarrant: ‘I still love you’
- - In Thai Election, New 'War Room' Polices Social Media
- - ‘Traumatised and paranoid’: Malaysians in New Zealand struggle after Christchurch terrorist attack
- - Kyodo: Japan Olympic Committee Chief Takeda to Resign
- - Premchai jailed for 16 months, not guilty of leopard charge
- - China's Xi Urges Teachers of Political Courses to Tackle 'False Ideas'
- - New Zealand shooting: Jacinda Ardern vows accused terrorist will face ‘full force of the law’
- - Asia markets decline ahead of Fed meeting
- - Germany launches 5G auction amid row with US over Huawei