Committee pushes for medical marijuana in Thailand
Marijuana is the 5th category of narcotics used in medical research in many countries. A committee considering medical marijuana has advised the government that Thailand will be disadvantaged without a law to permit the use of medical marijuana. Chairman of the committee M.D.Sophon Mekthon, said on the weekend, that the National Legislative Assembly is considering a draft of a law to permit the cultivation, extraction and production of plants containing narcotic substances for medical research. The Ministry of Public Health has set up four working groups to study the matter. Members of the committees include the director-general of the Department of Medical Services as well as representatives of the Food and Drug Administration and the Office of the Narcotics Control Board. Many countries such as Canada, the U.S., Australia and countries in Western Europe have already allowed the use of marijuana for medical purposes. NNT The post Committee pushes for medical marijuana in Thailand appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Committee pushes for medical marijuana in Thailand, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Sunday, 23 September, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! “Medical cannabis is no panacea” – Thai FDA Phuket Gazette (Today) - The Thai Food and Drug Administration is again warning the public that cannabis is not a magic medicine that can cure all illnesses. The FDA deputy secretary-general Dr Surachoke Tangwiwat...
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand's Registration for Medical Marijuana Draws to a Close VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - The legalization of marijuana for medical use in Thailand has created confusion over who can produce it and what qualifies consumers to legally use it. The National Assembly approved the...
- Vote! Chemical checks key: expert Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - While Thailand's obsession with the benefits of marijuana for medical purposes has grown following an amendment to the Narcotics Act, an expert in medical toxicology at Mahidol University is warning...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - 77 year old Swede dies from heart attack on beach in Trat
- - Myanmar, Thailand keen to co-host Under-20 World Cup
- - Japan takes 15 phone-scam suspects from Thailand
- - Three injured in fresh seafood pickup accident in Krabi
- - IKEA Thailand launches full online store
- - Watch out Thailand, here comes Vietnam
- - Truck driver dodges charge for dangerous load as 33 tons of rice flip semi-trailer onto its side
- - Police load up charges against axe-weilding road-rage ambulance attackers
- - Cannon, gun base at Racha Noi declared items of national heritage
- - Taiwan to Expand Joint Rescue Operations in Disputed Sea