Committee pushes for medical marijuana in Thailand
Marijuana is the 5th category of narcotics used in medical research in many countries. A committee considering medical marijuana has advised the government that Thailand will be disadvantaged without a law to permit the use of medical marijuana. Chairman of the committee M.D.Sophon Mekthon, said on the weekend, that the National Legislative Assembly is considering a draft of a law to permit the cultivation, extraction and production of plants containing narcotic substances for medical research. The Ministry of Public Health has set up four working groups to study the matter. Members of the committees include the director-general of the Department of Medical Services as well as representatives of the Food and Drug Administration and the Office of the Narcotics Control Board. Many countries such as Canada, the U.S., Australia and countries in Western Europe have already allowed the use of marijuana for medical purposes. NNT The post Committee pushes for... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Committee pushes for medical marijuana in Thailand, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Airbnb witnesses 100% growth in Guest Arrivals from China this Chinese New Year
- - Pakistan rejects links to attack in Indian controlled Kashmir
- - The Retail Summit officially opens
- - Big Joke: Romance Scammers will now be scared of the law!
- - 1MDB scandal: former Goldman Sachs banker Robert Ng returning to US to face charges
- - US–South Korea military negotiations could cost the alliance
- - Kashmir car bomb kills 44; India demands Pakistan act against militants
- - Gully boys: The defiant street rappers telling India's story
- - Asia stocks slip following fears of slowing US economy
- - Asia stocks set to slip following fears of slowing US economy
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Amnesty for possession of cannabis in Thailand? Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - The Government is looking at a plan to grant amnesty to those who have been...