Climate change plan can generate $26 trillion for global economy
GOVERNMENTS and corporations can generate an extra US$26 trillion to the world economy by 2030 if they undertake an ambitious plan on climate change, the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate said on Wednesday. The think tank grouping of former government, economic and business leaders said the economic spillover from engaging in a low-carbon economy has been “grossly underestimated.” “Bold action could yield a direct economic gain of US$26 trillion through to 2030 compared with business-as-usual. And this is likely to be a conservative estimate,” the commission said in its annual report. SEE ALSO: Dumb, angry and unhealthy: The weird, lesser-known effects of climate change Over 65 million new low-carbon jobs can be created by 2030 and 700,000 premature deaths due to air pollution could be avoided if policymakers and corporations took on a dynamic action plan on global climate change. “Seizing the economic benefits of low-carbon and resilient growth... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Climate change plan can generate $26 trillion for global economy, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thailand 'ready to meet the Dragons'
- - Thai Buddhist monks killed in temple shooting
- - China: 'No need' to practice penalties for Thailand match
- - Trump: US 'Made a Lot of Progress' With N. Korea
- - Hakeem al-Araibi: calls grow for inquiry into police role in refugee footballer's arrest
- - Eye on Vietnam, The New Electronics Manufacturing Hub
- - Trump Says a Deal 'Could Very Well Happen' With China
- - ‘Don’t cry’: Serena Consoles Australian Open Foe; Halep Next
- - Activist wants Palang Pracharath donations probed
- - 66 dead in Mexican pipeline blast
- Older News
- Vote! Global tension is hampering our ability to fight climate change, Davos survey warns CNBC - ASIA (4 days ago) - A rising risk of political confrontations between major powers is hindering solutions to challenges like...
- Vote! Antarctic glaciers are melting six times faster than in the 1970s ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (5 days ago) - GLACIERS are melting six times faster today than they were in the 1970s, prompting scientists...