Chinese students at a US university were told to speak English. Simple racism, or something more?
The now notorious incident in which Duke University biostatistics graduate students from China were told by their programme director that they should speak English “100 per cent of the time” while on departmental premises deservedly attracted condemnation in the United States higher-education community, and among Chinese in the US and China. As a professor of ethnic Chinese origin myself (I am Singaporean) with 35 years’ experience teaching at the University of Michigan...... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Chinese students at a US university were told to speak English. Simple racism, or something more?, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 31 January, 2019
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - 3 bedroom Brand new Villa for sale Kamala
- - As Fighting Intensifies, Islamist Militants Leave Key Town in Syria's Idlib
- - Russia to Nuclear Test Ban Monitor: Test Accident Not Your Business
- - Burkina Faso Leader Laments 'Dark Stain' After Attack Kills 24 Soldiers
- - What are Thailand’s options as trade war escalates?
- - Faced Wth Floods and Suicides, US Readies for Warmer World
- - Spain's Socialists Again Reject Left-wing Coalition Offer
- - Chile to Account for Costs of Climate Change in Budget
- - Philippines' Duterte Warns of 'Unfriendly' Greeting for Uninvited Warships
- - Trump says U.S. role in Afghanistan has turned into 'ridiculous' police force