Chinese President Pledges Another $60 Billion in Support for Africa
Chinese President Xi Jinping offered $60 billion in financing for Africa on Monday and wrote off some debt for poorer African nations. China has denied engaging in "debt trap" diplomacy, and while speaking at the opening of a major summit with African leaders, Xi promised development that people on the continent could see and touch. VOA correspondent Mariama Diallo reports.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Chinese President Pledges Another $60 Billion in Support for Africa, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Tuesday, 4 September, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Experts Question US Commitment to Africa VOA NEWS (Today) - Recently, the Trump White House unveiled a new initiative that seeks to increase U.S. economic engagement in Africa to better compete against China’s growing influence. But more than two and...
- Older News
- Vote! Chasing China, Japan looks to Africa for trade and global influence SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - When Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe met dozens of African leaders and business executives at the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) in Yokohama late last month, two things...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Sihanoukville airport expansion gets nod
- - CDC Activates Emergency Measures to Combat E-Cigarette Use
- - New York Prosecutors Seek 8 Years of Trump Tax Returns
- - Panel: Full-Scale War Looms in South Sudan One Year After Peace Accord Signed
- - Chinese American Couple Charged With Theft of Trade Secrets From Ohio Hospital
- - US Service Member Killed in Action in Afghanistan
- - Railing Against Corruption, Democratic White House Hopeful Warren Rallies Thousands in NY
- - Investors poured US$45 billion into Indian stock market but now Modi ‘euphoria’ is wearing off
- - Elon Musk testified he worried Thai cave rescuer might be 'another Jeffrey Epstein'
- - Musk hires detective to probe man who sued over ‘pedo guy’ tweet