Chinese manufacturer Yutong bus runs test trials for its 5G self-driving bus
Jun 13, 2019 Picture: Jun 13, 2019 (China Knowledge) - Shanghai-listed bus manufacturer, Zhengzhou Yutong Bus has dispatched four electric self-driving buses a 1.53km route in the Chinese city of Zhengzhou. This was an open-road trial project on “Intelligent Island” in the city’s Longzi Lake. The self-driving bus known as Xiaoyu, is at Level 4 on the autonomous scale. This means that Xiaoyu can drive themselves without any human intervention under the right conditions. Xiaoyu also utilizes 5G telecommunications to power its self-driving technology. With just a single charge, Xiaoyu is capable of driving at 20km per hour and can travel a distance of 200km with the air-conditioning on. Xiaoyu has eights seats and no steering wheel. It is also capable of changing lanes, avoiding obstacles, overtaking other vehicles, stop at bus stations, applying emergency brakes and driving through intersections. Thanks to China Unicom and China Mobile bringing in superfast 5G networking to the island, Yutong is able to adopt “vehicle to everything” communications technology such as remote monitoring and other capabilities. The company also developed a cloud platform for autonomous driving allowing the self-driving vehicles to tap on highly accurate three-dimensional maps and real-time monitoring of the buses and road conditions. In March 2019, Yutong showed off its level 4 bus at the Boao Forum for Asia on the resort island of Hainan, entertaining more than 200 Chinese and foreign guests. Currently, the company is planning to bring in four self-driving sightseeing buses in the park surrounding the Longzi Lake, where they would follow a circular 9.4km road. TopPR: Show in Top PR Category: PR News Automotive Electronics & Semiconductors Innovations Manufacturing and Production Technology & Service Transportation & Logistics FeaturedNews: Show in Featured News TopPicture: ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Chinese manufacturer Yutong bus runs test trials for its 5G self-driving bus, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Thursday, 13 June
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Two DR Congo Ebola Health Workers Killed VOA NEWS (Today) - The health ministry of Democratic Republic of Congo said Monday two community health workers engaged in Ebola prevention have been killed in the eastern North Kivu province. The ministry said...
- Older News
- Vote! Student loses tip of left ring finger to Bangkok bus door Samui Times (3 days ago) - A vocational school student lost the tip of his left ring finger when the door of an air-conditioned bus slammed shut while he was exiting at a bus stop in...
- Vote! City bus agency to let 5,000 staff go Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) plans to offer early-retirement packages to 5,000 employees over the next three years as e-ticketing replaces the need for bus conductors and other staff....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Haziq Abdul Aziz detained for role in Malaysian sex video implicating minister Azmin Ali
- - Student killed by electrocution in Phuket public park under investigation
- - Pastor confirmed with Ebola as disease spreads in DR Congo
- - Local Afghan Journalist Killed by Unknown Assailants
- - Djokovic saves match points to claim fifth Wimbledon title
- - Tropical Storm Barry Downgraded to Tropical Depression
- - Floods force millions to flee homes in India, Nepal and Bangladesh
- - Investors make DSI complaint against 'forex fraudster'
- - Derailment halts southern train services
- - Koreans find crying babies most annoying on flights