Chinese Car Makers Poised to Fill Gap in Iranian Market as US Sanctions Bite
China appears poised to fill the gap in Iran left by French automakers who closed their Iranian operations before the reimposition of U.S. sanctions on Tehran. The Chinese move could open yet another dispute between Washington and Beijing, adding to the acrimony between the two, which are locked in an escalating trade dispute. European automakers French automaker Renault, which had an eight percent share of the Iranian automotive market, the 12th largest in the World, announced last month that it would join more than 100 international companies that have pulled out of Iran to comply with U.S. sanctions, reimposed beginning Tuesday, despite the fact Renault has no operations in the United States. Peugeot announced its departure in June, it had a 34 percent market share in Iran, selling about 500,000 cars a year. German automaker Daimler has also announced it has "suspended [its] activities in Iran, which were anyway very... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Chinese Car Makers Poised to Fill Gap in Iranian Market as US Sanctions Bite, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence
- Older News
- Vote! Venezuela turns to India for oil exports as U.S. sanctions bite REUTERS ASIA NEWS (4 days ago) - Venezuela's oil exports have tapered off and shifted toward India since new U.S. sanctions began...