China-Philippines ‘hit and run’: Duterte’s downplaying of the incident is sign of his Beijing dilemma
“I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep,” Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord, the legendary Napoleonic-era diplomat, once admitted.A direct witness to Napoleon Bonaparte’s audacious military expeditions, which turned France from a besieged revolutionary state into an intercontinental empire, he potently realised the power of leadership in times of crisis.Today, many are wondering what kind of leadership the Philippines has amid…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, China-Philippines ‘hit and run’: Duterte’s downplaying of the incident is sign of his Beijing dilemma, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Monday, 17 June
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Philippines Threatens to Cut Ties with Iceland Over UN Probe VOA NEWS (Today) - President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines is considering cutting diplomatic ties with Iceland for leading a push to have the United Nations Human Rights Council investigate his brutal anti-drug crackdown.The...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Philippines won’t quit UN rights council or sever ties with Iceland despite Duterte’s threat: Locsin SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - The Philippines will not sever diplomatic ties with the UN Human Rights Council (HRC), the country’s top diplomat said, despite last week’s vote to investigate the President Rodrigo Duterte’s controversial...
- Older News
- Vote! UN probe into Duterte’s Philippines drugs war welcomed by activists – but Manila calls move an ‘insult’ SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Human rights defenders in the Philippines have cheered the United Nations’ decision to investigate mass killings committed during President Rodrigo Duterte’s “war on drugs”, even as the country’s foreign ministry...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - IMF cut global growth GDP in 2019 to 3.3% warning of higher risk
- - Thailand seeking endorsement for 5 international airports
- - Phuket python caught feasting on Rawai chickens
- - Storm weather warning issued for Phuket
- - 30 bedroom Patong Hotel for lease
- - Phuket surf warning issued as storm conditions rise
- - Phuket Town main road to close one lane for sports parade
- - After Phuket student killed by electrocution, officials assure public park areas are safe
- - Modern Apartments in Patong for sale
- - Apollo Mission Control Room Reopened to Mark Moon Landing Anniversary