China Welcomes Saudi Plans to Invest in CPEC Project With Pakistan
China has praised investments Saudi Arabia intends to contribute to Chinese-funded massive infrastructure projects under construction in Pakistan, dispelling skepticism Islamabad was risking Beijing's outrage by inviting a third party to a strictly bilateral deal. The ongoing massive project, known as the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), is the flagship enterprise of President Xi Jinping's global Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). "Not at all," said Lijian Zhao, the deputy chief of the Chinese embassy in Islamabad, when asked by VOA whether his country was upset with possible Saudi financing in CPEC projects. In a detailed interview, the senior Chinese diplomat asserted that Beijing itself has been encouraging Islamabad to engage in investments in CPEC from other countries. CPEC is estimated to bring $62 billion in Chinese investments to Pakistan over the next 15 years for building transportation networks, special economic zones and power plants to help Islamabad improve its manufacturing capacity... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, China Welcomes Saudi Plans to Invest in CPEC Project With Pakistan, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- - Uighur escapee caught, three more sought
- - Bollywood's first major LGBTQ film
- - Planting the seeds of mindfulness and beauty
- - Democrats confident of bagging 20 House seats in Bangkok
- - Reading elections in the stars
- - China Rebuffs Germany's Call for US Missile Deal With Russia
- - New Zealand bans Huawei, China has message for New Zealand
- - The week that shook Thai politics – and what comes next
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Pakistan rolls out red carpet for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed BBC News Asia (Today) - Imran Khan needs Saudi money to stave off an economic bail-out - but this is...
- Vote! Saudi crown prince seeks contracts and allies on Asia tour Bangkok Post (Today) - ISLAMABAD: Saudi Arabia's powerful crown prince arrives in Pakistan on Sunday, the start of an...
- Vote! Saudi crown prince heads for Pakistan amid India tensions REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is due to arrive in Pakistan on Sunday...