China to slap additional tariffs on $16 billion of US goods
China is slapping additional tariffs of 25 percent on $16 billion worth of US imports from fuel and steel products to autos and medical equipment, the Chinese commerce ministry said, as the world’s largest economies escalated their trade dispute. The tariffs will be activated on August 23, the ministry said, the same day that the United States plans to begin collecting 25 percent extra in tariffs on $16 billion of Chinese goods, according to Reuters. China’s final list announced on Wednesday differs from an earlier draft it published in June, which included crude oil. The number of categories of goods subject to tariffs rose to 333 from 114 in the June draft, although the total value is unchanged. The US action that prompted the Chinese retaliation was the latest by President Donald Trump to put pressure on China to negotiate trade concessions, after Washington imposed tariffs on $34 billion in... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, China to slap additional tariffs on $16 billion of US goods, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1
- - Thai woman murdered in Phuket – police search for Greek husband
- - Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
- - Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19
- - Hua Hin: Thai woman trampled to death by elephants on her way to do the washing
- - Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!
- - Suspect in murder of two monks arrested
- - Iran summons Pakistan's envoy over deadly suicide bomb attack - Tasnim
- - Pakistan rolls out red carpet for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress' VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - President Donald Trump said Sunday "big progress" is being made in U.S. trade talks with...
- Older News
- Vote! Trump Receives Update on China Trade Talks VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - President Donald Trump received an update on trade talks with China on Saturday at his Florida retreat...
- Vote! Trump Says He Could Let China Trade Deal Deadline Slip, But 'Not Inclined To' VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he could let the March 1 deadline...