China to Raise Tariffs on Another $75 Billion in US Goods
White House correspondent Steve Herman and State Department correspondent Nike Ching contributed to this report China will raise tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. goods and resume 25% tariffs on American autos to retaliate against U.S. President Donald Trump's planned September 1 duty increase.U.S. Treasury yields fell Friday after China’s latest announcement, marking an escalation in the trade war between the world's leading economies. Trump lashed out Friday against China on Twitter, and said he "will be responding to China's tariffs this afternoon.""Our Country has lost, stupidly, Trillions of Dollars with China over many years. They have stolen our Intellectual Property at a rate of Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year, & they want to continue. I won’t let that happen! We don’t need China and, frankly, would be far better off without them," Trump tweeted.Our Country has lost, stupidly, Trillions of Dollars with China over many years. They have stolen our Intellectual Property at a rate of Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year, & they want to continue. I won’t let that happen! We don’t need China and, frankly, would be far....— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 23, 2019....better off without them. The vast amounts of money made and stolen by China from the United States, year after year, for decades, will and must STOP. Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing..— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 23, 2019....your companies HOME and making your products in the USA. I will be responding to China’s Tariffs this afternoon. This is a GREAT opportunity for the United States. Also, I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE,....— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 23, 2019Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell walks... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, China to Raise Tariffs on Another $75 Billion in US Goods, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Friday, 23 August
- Older News
- Vote! Chinese Envoy Heading to US to Prepare for New Round of Trade Talks VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - China says a government official will travel to the United States this week to lay the groundwork for the resumption of high-level trade talks next month.State-run Xinhua news agency says...
- Vote! Chinese official to visit US to prepare for trade talks ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (3 days ago) - A Chinese vice finance minister will visit the United States on Wednesday to lay the groundwork for trade talks next month, state media said. The United States and China have...
- Vote! Xinhua: China to Lift Tariffs on US Soybeans, Other Farm Goods VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - China says it will lift tariffs on U.S. soybeans, pork and some other farm goods in yet another sign of easing tensions between the two countries ahead of trade talks...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Wichit Municipality opens flood-relief donations center
- - Concerns raised again over Phuket wild monkey populations
- - Ex-Japanese Energy Company Executives Acquitted in Fukushima Disaster
- - Water outage to hit Kathu, Koh Kaew
- - PM Prayut donates 100,000 baht to help flood victims
- - Bermuda Battens Down for Category 3 Hurricane Humberto
- - Polarized Politics Deepens Divide Over Who Is a 'Real' American
- - France’s Macron Toughens Immigration Stance Amid Fears of More Asylum Seekers
- - LA 'Tent Cities' Becoming Shantytowns, Expert Says
- - Trump 'Substantially' Increases Iran Sanctions, Blaming Tehran for Saudi Oil Field Attacks