China to give US$989 million loan to Sri Lanka for major new motorway project
China has agreed to provide a loan of US$989 million to Sri Lanka to build an motorway that will connect the island nation’s tea-growing central region to a China-run seaport on the southern coast, the island’s finance ministry said Friday.The Export-Import Bank of China has agreed to provide a loan covering 85 per cent of the contract price for Central Expressway Project – Section 1, whose total cost is US$1.16 billion. The loan is the single largest loan approved by the bank for Sri Lanka,…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, China to give US$989 million loan to Sri Lanka for major new motorway project, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 22 March
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Sri Lanka reinstates death penalty for drug crimes ahead of polls Bangkok Post (Today) - COLOMBO, Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka's president on Wednesday signed death sentences for four people convicted of drug-related offences in a decision analysts said is aimed at boosting his chances of...
- Vote! Sri Lanka smashes trafficking ring that stole 40 baby elephants and sold them to super-rich for US$125,000 each SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - A senior conservation official was among eight people in Sri Lanka charged on Tuesday in a landmark case where dozens of baby elephants were captured and sold to the wealthy...
- Vote! East Timor gas company denies US$16 billion loan from Chinese bank but reports are enough to unsettle Australia SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - East Timor’s state-owned gas company has rejected reports it is set to take a US$16 billion loan from China’s Exim bank to finance a US$50 billion offshore oil and gas...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - In NATO Debut, New Pentagon Chief Aims to ‘Internationalize' Iran Effort
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - Georgian Parliament Elects Ruling Party Candidate as New Speaker
- - Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket