China thanks Thailand for rescue efforts
China thanks Thailand for its ongoing search and rescue operation after boat accidents on July 5 in the rough sea off Phuket that led to the deaths and injuries of a large number of tourists, most of them Chinese. In his meeting with Tourism and Sports Minister Weerasak Kowsurat at the auditorium of the Phuket international airport this morning, Chinese Ambassador to Thailand Lyu Jian said it is necessary for Thailand and China to step up a cooperation to create a favourable tourism image of the two countries. As of last night, it was reported that 33 passengers of the Phoenix dive boat died and 23 still missing. The Chinese ambassador said concentration should now be given to the search for the missing tourists, establishment of the causes of the accidents and remedial actions for the victims. Mr Lyu said the Chinese government hopes the Thai government will set up... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, China thanks Thailand for rescue efforts, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington