China Says US Companies Should Lobby Washington Over Trade
China tried to step up pressure on Washington in their growing tariff war Thursday by suggesting U.S. companies lobby American leaders, while a Korean union warned President Donald Trump’s threat of higher auto import duties could lead to job losses in Alabama. Beijing and Washington have yet to resume negotiations over the dispute that led to tariff hikes each other’s goods last week, said a spokesman for the Chinese Commerce Ministry. “We hope American companies do more to lobby the U.S. government and work hard to safeguard their own interests,” said Gao Feng at a news conference. While some U.S. companies and lawmakers have criticized Trump’s tactics, Gao’s statement was an unusually direct attempt to rouse domestic American opposition. Beijing frequently rejects foreign comments about its own policies as improper interference in its affairs. Gao gave no details. His remark about lobbying was missing from an official transcript on the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, China Says US Companies Should Lobby Washington Over Trade, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pulwama attack: Nine killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Election Commission issues defamation warning
- - Saudi visit highlights Pakistan's search for investment
- - Abe Mum on Trump's Claim of Nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Google searches 'hijacked' to link Pakistan flag to toilet paper
- - India-Pakistan crisis: Saudi Arabia aims to de-escalate tensions
- - Maldives arrests former president Abdulla Yameen over witness tampering in money-laundering trial
- - Asia markets set to trade cautiously on renewed US-China tensions
- - The US cannot crush us, says Huawei founder
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! New round of US-China trade talks to kick off in Washington on Tuesday CNBC - ASIA (Today) - A fresh round of talks between the U.S. and China will take place in Washington,...
- Vote! US, China to Begin Third Round of Trade, Economic Talks VOA NEWS (Today) - Negotiators from China and the United States will resume talks this week to resolve the...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! US-China trade talks resume in Washington from Tuesday: W. House Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - WASHINGTON: US-China trade talks aimed at ending a damaging tariff war will resume from Tuesday...