China Says US Actions Hurting Relationship
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi expressed concerns about the actions of each other's governments during a meeting Monday in Beijing that also included the more customary diplomatic calls for cooperation. Wang said the United States has been escalating trade tensions between the two sides and dealt with Taiwan in a way China finds objectionable. He said those actions have affected trust between the U.S. and China and that the United States should stop "this kind of mistaken action." Pompeo responded that the United States has its own concerns about China's actions, and that he looked forward to discussing them during Monday's talks. The Beijing visit comes days after U.S. Vice President Mike Pence delivered a blistering speech accusing China of military aggression, commercial theft, rising human rights violations, and electoral intervention against Trump. South Korea visit Pompeo traveled to China from South Korea... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, China Says US Actions Hurting Relationship, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington