China Says in 'Communication' Amid Report of Trump-Xi Meet
China said Friday it is in contact with the United States amid reports of a planned meeting between President Xi Jinping and President Donald Trump next month following a dive in the U.S. stock market blamed partly on a growing trade war between the world's two largest economies. Foreign Ministry Spokesman Lu Kang offered no specifics, but said that “I have also seen the relevant reports.” “China and the U.S. maintain communication on dialogues and exchanges at all levels,” Lu told reporters at a daily briefing. The reported meeting would take place during the G-20 summit in Argentina in late November. The Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post both cited officials saying Trump has decided to proceed with the meeting with Xi. Trump's top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, told CNBC Thursday that, “There's some movement toward” a meeting at the G-20. “They have lots to talk about. So we'll... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, China Says in 'Communication' Amid Report of Trump-Xi Meet, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- - Uighur escapee caught, three more sought
- - Bollywood's first major LGBTQ film
- - Planting the seeds of mindfulness and beauty
- - Democrats confident of bagging 20 House seats in Bangkok
- - Reading elections in the stars
- - China Rebuffs Germany's Call for US Missile Deal With Russia
- - New Zealand bans Huawei, China has message for New Zealand
- - The week that shook Thai politics – and what comes next
- Older News
- Vote! Asia markets tepid amid hopes for progress in US-China trade negotiations CNBC - ASIA (3 days ago) - The South China Morning Post reported Wednesday that Chinese President Xi Jinping will meet with...
- Vote! Asia markets trade cautiously amid ongoing US-China trade negotiations CNBC - ASIA (4 days ago) - The South China Morning Post reported Wednesday that Chinese President Xi Jinping will meet with...
- Vote! Asia markets set to be cautious amid ongoing US-China trade talks CNBC - ASIA (4 days ago) - The South China Morning Post reported Wednesday that Chinese President Xi Jinping will meet with...