China Chemical Plant Blast Kills 19, Injures 12
An explosion at a chemical plant in China's southwestern province of Sichuan has killed 19 people and injured 12, the local government said Friday. It is not yet clear what caused Thursday evening's blast at Yibin Hengda Technology in an industrial park several hours from the provincial capital of Chengdu, authorities in Jiang'an county said in a short statement. Photos on Chinese social media showed a huge fire and plumes of smoke rising from the facility. China has kicked off measures to improve industrial safety, ramping up checks over the last year, following some high-profile incidents at coal mines and chemical plants. In 2015, an explosion in a chemical warehouse in the northern port city of Tianjin killed 165 people. Last year, a blast at a petrochemical plant in eastern Shandong province killed eight people and injured nine.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, China Chemical Plant Blast Kills 19, Injures 12, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Friday, 13 July, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Explosion at Gas Factory in Central China Kills at Least 12 VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - The death toll has risen to 12 in a gas plant explosion in central China, authorities said Saturday.Another 13 people were seriously injured and three others remained missing, China’s Ministry...
- Vote! Death toll rises to 10 after China gas plant blast Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - BEIJING: The death toll from a huge explosion that rocked a gas plant in central China rose to 10, state media said Saturday, with five people still missing....
- Vote! Blast at Kabul University kills eight, injures 33 REUTERS ASIA NEWS (3 days ago) - A powerful bomb blast outside the gates of Kabul University in the Afghan capital on Friday killed at least eight people and wounded 33, as students and lawyers waited to...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Foreign freehold Apartment for sale
- - 1960s Prankster Paul Krassner, Who Named Yippies, Dies at 87
- - IMF says Pakistan needs to mobilize tax revenue, cut debt
- - In drought-stricken Chennai, water is now more expensive than petrol
- - Tips For Planning A Luxury Vacation
- - Why beach clean-ups work
- - N. Korea leader votes in elections with 99.98% turnout: KCNA
- - Comedian-Turned-Politician's Party Poised to Win Ukraine's Parliamentary Vote
- - Marvel's Next Films Will Bring Diversity, Onscreen and Off
- - Chris Kraft, 1st Flight Director for NASA, Dies at 95