China Calls on US To 'Correct' Iran Sanctions
China urged Washington on Friday to “correct” sanctions imposed on Chinese companies accused of helping Iran acquire materials for its nuclear program.U.S. pressure on Iran and its “long-arm jurisdiction” against companies in third countries is the “root cause” of tension with Tehran, a foreign ministry spokesman said.“China has consistently and resolutely opposed the United States imposing unilateral sanctions and so-called long-armed jurisdiction over other countries, including China,” said the spokesman, Geng Shuang. “We urge the United States to immediately correct this wrong approach and earnestly respect the legitimate rights and interests of all parties,”The U.S. Treasury said Thursday it imposed sanctions on what it called a network of front companies and agents. It said they are based in Iran, China and Belgium. The Treasury gave no details but said the purchases violated U.N. restrictions on materials that can be used for nuclear programs.Geng said Beijing opposes nuclear proliferation but rejects Washington's unilateral sanctions.“We resolutely oppose any form of proliferation activities, always strictly implement relevant international obligations and stay committed to international cooperation on non-proliferation, Geng said. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, China Calls on US To 'Correct' Iran Sanctions, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Friday, 19 July
- Older News
- Vote! Gibraltar Denies It is Due to Release Seized Iranian Tanker VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - Opposing news reports fueled confusion Tuesday over the fate of an oil tanker seized near the British territory of Gibraltar last month. Jalil Eslami, deputy head of Iran's maritime agency, said...
- Vote! Asia fears ‘second cold war’ as Donald Trump pushes Iran into Chinese arms SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - Worsening US-Iran tensions are raising fears among Asian countries of Tehran’s pivot to China and Russia, potentially sparking a second cold war, experts at a conference in Singapore said on...
- Vote! As Trump pushes Iran into Chinese arms, Asia fears ‘second cold war’ SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - Worsening US-Iran tensions are raising fears among Asian countries of Tehran’s pivot to China and Russia, potentially sparking a second cold war, experts at a conference in Singapore said on...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - German, Hungarian Leaders Commemorate ’89 Freedom Picnic
- - Phuket History: A short period of Japanese rule over the central peninsula and Phuket
- - Corner unit seaview Apartment in Layan for sale
- - Chinese K-Pop Stars Publicly Back Beijing on Hong Kong
- - Protesters Torch Parliament Building in Indonesia's Papua
- - Borghi: Italy's League Wants to Cut Taxes by Rising Deficit a Little Bit
- - German, Hungarian Leaders Commemorate '89 Freedom Picnic
- - Parliament building torched and city paralysed as thousands protest in Papua, Indonesia
- - Chinese stocks jump as Treasury yields bounce higher; Shenzhen surges around 3%
- - Thais warned against smuggling drugs into Japan