China Broadcasts Spacecraft Pictures From Moon's Far Side
China on Friday broadcast pictures taken by its rover and lander on the moon's far side, in what its space program hailed as another triumph for the groundbreaking mission to the less-understood sector of the lunar surface. The pictures on state broadcaster CCTV showed the Jade Rabbit 2 rover and the Chang'e 4 spacecraft that transported it on the first-ever soft landing on the far side of the moon, which always faces away from Earth. The pictures were transmitted by a relay satellite to a control center in Beijing, although it wasn't immediately clear when they were taken. "The lander, its rover, and the relay satellite are all in a stable condition. They have reached the predetermined engineering goals, right now they are getting into the stage of scientific searches," Zhang Kejian, director of the China National Space Administration, said before engineers at the Beijing center. "Now I declare that... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, China Broadcasts Spacecraft Pictures From Moon's Far Side, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions
- - The first round of GTI Taipei & Online Games Expo 2019
- - Hakeem al-Araibi: Bahrain says refugee footballer's life is not in danger
- - BOI recorded 900 bn baht investment applications in 2018
- - Exhibition and business meeting event providing the latest information to supermarkets and the food distribution industry
- - Wissanu wants poll March 24
- - Indonesian Presidential Candidates Spar Over Corruption
- - Thais confident ahead of Asian Cup clash with China
- - Spokesman: Myanmar Army Kills 13 Rebels in Rakhine Clashes
- - North Korea's Kim Yong-chol meets Mike Pompeo in Washington
- Older News
- Vote! China's Moon mission sees first seeds sprout BBC News Asia (3 days ago) - It marks the first time a plant has been grown in a container on the...
- Vote! China Says It Exchanged Data with NASA on Far Side Landing VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - China exchanged data with NASA on its recent mission to land a Chinese spacecraft on...