Chiang Rai woman shot in market car park by spurned ex-lover
PHOTO MONTAGE: Chiang Rai Times A 27 year old Thai woman, Sawitree Phromwong, was allegedly murdered last week by a scorned ex lover after he confronted the woman and her new boyfriend at the Pa Sak market in Chaing Rai. She was sitting in the back of a car when shot. The man then jumped back into his car, along with the shotgun he used to kill his former girlfriend, and fled the scene. The incident follows weeks of online media exchanges on social media between the pair, according to police. Last Thursday Thai police sought an arrest warrant for the Chiang Mai man living in the province over the murder of his ex girlfriend while she visited a popular market with her new lover. Chiang Rai police report that the woman had been engaged in an online spat with her ex boyfriend, identified by police as 31 year old Ek Udom. The man was already known to Chiang Rai police and had an extensive criminal history. The woman’s new boyfriend was waiting for police with the injured Sawitree. Emergency services tended to the woman but she died on the way to hospital as a result of head injuries. He briefed police on the background to the incident, the social media messaging and the events that had led to the fatal shooting. SOURCES: Chiang Rai Times, ThaiExaminer.com The post Chiang Rai woman shot in market car park by spurned ex-lover appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Chiang Rai woman shot in market car park by spurned ex-lover, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Tuesday, 18 June
- Older News
- Vote! Raids net huge quantity of illegal diet pills Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - CHIANG MAI: Police on Sunday raided two spots near the Thai-Myanmar border finding large quantities of unlicensed diet pills and food supplements, as well as illegal consumer products, in Mae...
- Vote! Chiang Mai Night Safari to get new operator Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - A law is being drafted to transfer the rights of operation of Chiang Mai Night Safari from Pinkanakorn Development Agency Public Organisation (PDA) to the Zoological Park Organisation (ZOO), according...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Haziq Abdul Aziz detained for role in Malaysian sex video implicating minister Azmin Ali
- - Student killed by electrocution in Phuket public park under investigation
- - Pastor confirmed with Ebola as disease spreads in DR Congo
- - Local Afghan Journalist Killed by Unknown Assailants
- - Tropical Storm Barry Downgraded to Tropical Depression
- - Floods force millions to flee homes in India, Nepal and Bangladesh
- - Investors make DSI complaint against 'forex fraudster'
- - Derailment halts southern train services
- - Koreans find crying babies most annoying on flights
- - Pheu Thai top brass back Chadchart for Bangkok governor