Chiang Mai might be listed as world heritage site next year
Chiang Mai World Heritage Listing Project’s working group disclosed that it is revising the complete document after receiving suggestions from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization’s (UNESCO) working group. Asst. Prof. Dr. Channarong Srisuwan, the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture at Chiang Mai University, a member of the working, said the working group is expediting revision of the document so that the complete proposal for listing Chiang Mai as a world heritage site can be submitted to the World Heritage Center in Paris in February 2019. The working group has also organized Chiang Mai Heritage Walk, which offers people a tour to observe the proposed World Heritage Site. The UNESCO will convene a meeting to consider whether or not to list Chiang Mai as a world heritage site in June 2019. NNT The post Chiang Mai might be listed as world heritage site next year appeared first... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Chiang Mai might be listed as world heritage site next year, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington
- Older News
- Vote! Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more Samui Times (3 days ago) - The haze situation in urban Chiang Mai had improved by Friday morning but remained hazardous...
- Vote! Australian floods send dirty water across Great Barrier Reef BBC News Asia (4 days ago) - Muddy waters from floods in northern Australia have blanketed parts of the World Heritage site....