CEBIT ASEAN Thailand all set for the first edition - encouraging innovation to drive Thailand economy and society
Oct 04, 2018 Picture: IMPACT Exhibition Management Co., Ltd. (“IMPACT”) and Deutsche Messe AG (“DMAG”), organizer of the world’s leading trade technology and digital exhibition, jointly present the first edition of CEBIT ASEAN Thailand (“CEBIT ASEAN”). CEBIT ASEAN is supported by both public and private organizations, including the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society; Ministry of Science and Technology; Microsoft; Logitech; ABeam; and more than 200 companies and brands. CEBIT ASEAN will be held from 18 to 20 October 2018, Hall 7-8, IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Center, Bangkok, Thailand. The event is expected to attract 8,000 technology professionals and business leaders. Dr. Soranit Siltharm, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, said "The Thai government's mission is to transform the country into the 21st century, with two main drivers - the development of people and technology; and the Thailand 4.0 policy. Technology is crucial in this digital age and necessary to drive our country." Dynamic Digital ASEAN Market The digital market in ASEAN is expected to grow by more than USD 200 billion by 2025, up six times when compared to 2015, according to Dr.Nuttapon Nimmanphatcharin, President/CEO of Digital Economy Promotion Agency, representative from Ministry of Digital Economy and Society “Thailand is the economic hub of ASEAN, with a digital and IT spending of USD12.7 billion 2017, and it is projected to grow by another USD30 million by 2010. The Ministry of Digital Economy and Society is supporting CEBIT ASEAN Thailand 2018, by providing digital media and experts from the public and private sectors, as well as a center for knowledge and business exchange to prepare for the digital economic,” added Dr.Nimmanphatcharin Dr. Surapong Lertsithichai, Digital Economy Promotion Agency, said “Digital technology permeates and plays a vital role in every aspect of the economy and society. In this environment,... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, CEBIT ASEAN Thailand all set for the first edition - encouraging innovation to drive Thailand economy and society, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Thursday, 4 October, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! WeWork opens up in Bangkok. What is WeWork? Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - “This will pave the way for WeWork’s unique proposition to connect two major groups within the WeWork community: corporations looking to innovate, and start-ups looking to grow and better establish...
- Older News
- Vote! Analysts: Rift could attract factories Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - Thailand and Asean can benefit from the US-China trade war in the mid to long term, say academics and tech analysts who believe Thailand presents an attractive site for factory...
- Vote! With support, age is just a number Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - Thailand needs a conducive environment for elderly people to help it cope with the health and economic challenges triggered by an ageing society, according to Sumet Ongkittikul, chief of the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- - Indonesian Protesters, Police Clash in Second Night of Post-election Unrest
- - Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home'
- - Study: Ozone-Killing Chemicals Traced to China
- - Smokin’ hut: Singapore’s solution for cigarette puffers
- - India election result: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - The true measure of Indian democracy is found outside the ballot box
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach
- - 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters