Canadian Minister Postpones Trip to China Amid Tensions
Canada’s tourism minister is postponing a trip to China amid tensions over the arrest of a Chinese tech executive on behalf of the United States and the detentions of two Canadians in China in apparent retaliation. Jeremy Ghio, a spokesman for minister Melanie Joly, said Friday that Canada and China “mutually agreed to postpone” her planned trip. Canada arrested the chief financial officer of telecoms giant Huawei on Dec. 1. The U.S. wants her extradited on charges related to company violations of U.S. sanctions on Iran. A Canadian judge released her on bail Tuesday. Meanwhile, the high-end parka maker Canada Goose has postponed the opening of its flagship Beijing store for “construction reasons.” There have been calls in China to boycott the Canadian company.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Canadian Minister Postpones Trip to China Amid Tensions, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions
- - The first round of GTI Taipei & Online Games Expo 2019
- - Exhibition and business meeting event providing the latest information to supermarkets and the food distribution industry
- - Café Malaysia 2019 celebrates the country’s dynamic coffee culture and its world class achievements
- - Top US Navy Officer Urges China to Avoid Confrontations
- - Spokesman: Myanmar Army Kills 13 Rebels in Rakhine Clashes
- - North Korea's Kim Yong-chol meets Mike Pompeo in Washington
- - Radical Cleric Linked to Bali Bombing to Be Freed from Prison
- - Talks Between US, NKorea Take Place in Sweden
- - StocExpo Europe 2019 Conference Unveiled
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Canada's government on Friday dismissed China's warning of repercussions if Ottawa banned Huawei Technologies Co...
- Older News
- Vote! China Warns Citizens About Travel to Canada VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - China issued an advisory to its citizens Tuesday, urging them to "fully assess the risks...
- Vote! Canadian sentenced to death for drugs in China will appeal Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - BEIJING: A Canadian man sentenced to death by a Chinese court for drug smuggling will...