Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions
Canada's government on Friday dismissed China's warning of repercussions if Ottawa banned Huawei Technologies Co Ltd from supplying equipment to 5G networks, saying it would not compromise on security. China's ambassador to Canada issued the threat on Thursday as relations between the two nations continued to deteriorate after a senior Huawei executive was arrested in Vancouver last month on a U.S. extradition warrant. China has also detained two Canadians. Canadian officials are studying the security implications of 5G networks, the latest generation of cellular mobile communications, but their report is not expected in the immediate future, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Wednesday. Some Canadian allies have already imposed restrictions on using Huawei equipment, citing the risk of espionage. Canadian Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale, asked at a cabinet retreat about the Chinese ambassador's remarks, said Ottawa had already made clear it would not cut corners on... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - Chinese Leader Meets with US Trade Delegation in Beijing
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- - Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
- - Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
- Older News
- Vote! Huawei: New Zealand needs us like rugby needs the All Blacks BBC News Asia (3 days ago) - Huawei's new advertisement claims its technology is as vital to New Zealand's 5G roll out....
- Vote! Huawei places ads in New Zealand newspapers saying 5G ban will hit customers CNBC - ASIA (3 days ago) - Huawei has taken out full-page commercials in New Zealand newspapers that compare banning the company...
- Vote! Huawei launches New Zealand charm offensive, appealing to the country’s love of rugby SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - China’s Huawei has taken out full-page ads in major New Zealand newspapers in which they...