Cambodian, Vietnamese found dead in Immigration detention cell
Two men, a Cambodian and a Vietnamese, were found dead in a detention room at the Immigration Police Bureau early on Wednesday. Pol Lt Col Kamolpop Dissayabutr, deputy inspector of Thung Mahamek police station, said ground-floor detention room No 14Bt, where the two men were found dead, was holding 15 foreign nationals at the time. Both bodies were found in sleeping position on one side of the room. The Cambodian was identified only as Sakhi, 55, and the Vietnamese as Robat, 72. The Cambodian man was transferred from Nakhon Pathom and Vietnamese from Nakhon Si Thammarat. The two had been charged with unlawfully entering the country. A detainee in the same room told police that he got up in the night to use toilet and noticed that the two were not breathing, so he alerted officials. The bodies were sent for autopsy at the Chulalongkorn Hospital. The Nation The post... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Cambodian, Vietnamese found dead in Immigration detention cell, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Ex-Nissan Chairman Ghosn Asks for Bail, Promises Not to Flee
- Older News
- Vote! Big whale found dead on Songkhla shore Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - SONGKHLA: An Omura's whale weighing between 800 and 1,000 kilogrammes was found dead ashore....
- Vote! Cambodian PM: opposition ‘dead’ if EU withdraws preferences Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - PHNOM PENH: Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen on Monday threatened to retaliate against the opposition...