Cambodian, Vietnamese found dead in Immigration detention cell
Two men, a Cambodian and a Vietnamese, were found dead in a detention room at the Immigration Police Bureau early on Wednesday. Pol Lt Col Kamolpop Dissayabutr, deputy inspector of Thung Mahamek police station, said ground-floor detention room No 14Bt, where the two men were found dead, was holding 15 foreign nationals at the time. Both bodies were found in sleeping position on one side of the room. The Cambodian was identified only as Sakhi, 55, and the Vietnamese as Robat, 72. The Cambodian man was transferred from Nakhon Pathom and Vietnamese from Nakhon Si Thammarat. The two had been charged with unlawfully entering the country. A detainee in the same room told police that he got up in the night to use toilet and noticed that the two were not breathing, so he alerted officials. The bodies were sent for autopsy at the Chulalongkorn Hospital. The Nation The post Cambodian, Vietnamese found dead in Immigration detention cell appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Cambodian, Vietnamese found dead in Immigration detention cell, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Wednesday, 24 October, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Afghan Dies in Australian Immigration Center VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - A 23-year-old man who fled conflict in Afghanistan six years ago has died at an Australian immigration detention center. Refugee groups say the death highlights serious concerns about the indefinite...
- Vote! Protesters Back at Washington Immigration Jail After Attack VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - Demonstrators returned to an immigration jail in Washington state a day after an armed man threw incendiary devices at the detention center and later died.Willem Van Spronsen, 69, was found...
- Vote! Police: Man Dies After Attacking Immigration Prison in Washington State VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - A man armed with a rifle threw incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state early Saturday morning, then was found dead after four police officers arrived and opened...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - IMF cut global growth GDP in 2019 to 3.3% warning of higher risk
- - Floods force millions to flee homes in India, Nepal and Bangladesh
- - Investors make DSI complaint against 'forex fraudster'
- - Derailment halts southern train services
- - Koreans find crying babies most annoying on flights
- - Pheu Thai top brass back Chadchart for Bangkok governor
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Park electrocution! Pilot praised for sacrifice! Human skeletons found? || July 15
- - Malaysia’s ex-attorney general Apandi Ali sues politician Lim Kit Siang over 1MDB scandal
- - New reporting requirement for digital asset trading
- - Philippines Threatens to Cut Ties with Iceland Over UN Probe