Café Malaysia 2019 celebrates the country’s dynamic coffee culture and its world class achievements
Jan 18, 2019 Picture: 17 January 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia --( ASIA TODAY )-- The official opening of Café Malaysia 2019 this afternoon marks the 3-day celebration of Malaysia’s robust coffee culture and industry, including its recent sterling successes in the international coffee scene. The launch at the Malaysia International Trade & Exhibition Centre (MITEC) which was attended by industry leaders and key players of the coffee and tea industries, was officiated by Guest-of-Honour, Y.B. Dr. Ong Kian Ming, Deputy Minister, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). The highly anticipated annual coffee show will chart history as it hosts ASEAN’s top coffee specialists hailing from Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam from the ASEAN Coffee Federation (ACF). They are here to announce the development of ASEAN’s very own Coffee Standards. Focusing on coffee beans cultivated in the ASEAN region, the set of Standards will boost the growth of the regional coffee industry, featuring key differentiations from existing standards which originated from the west. The recent string of successes in 2018 recorded by Malaysia’s very own baristas and latte artist at the World Latte Art Championship in Brazil (Irvine Quek, World Champion), the World Brewers Cup Championship in Brazil (Regine Wai, 1st Runner-Up) and the World Barista Championship in Amsterdam (Keith Koay, 10th ranking) are more reasons for celebration at Café Malaysia 2019. These successes are indicators of the growing interests in specialty coffee in Malaysia which is driven by young consumers’ appetite for the best brew. Malaysia’s achievements in the international coffee scene are also complemented with the steady rise in the number of talented young adults in Malaysia who hone their creativity and express their passion for coffee by becoming coffee artisans such as baristas, brewers, bean roasters and latte artists. The annual event which is... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Café Malaysia 2019 celebrates the country’s dynamic coffee culture and its world class achievements, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Friday, 18 January, 2019
- Older News
- Vote! Paul prepares to take out Starbucks via coffee lovers Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - French bakery and restaurant chain Paul is ramping up its bakery and cafe business, aiming to challenge US coffee chain Starbucks....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Scores of Civilians Killed, Injured in Libyan Oasis Town
- - Hong Kong's Evolving Protests: Voices From the Front Lines
- - U.S. resumes Afghan peace talks with Taliban, government: State Dept
- - PTT to invest 30bn ($967M) baht in EEC
- - Post-Brexit US-UK Trade Deal Under Threat
- - FBI: Truck Driver Threatened Mass Shooting at Memphis Church
- - 25th James Bond Film Gets a Title: 'No Time to Die'
- - Earth's Future Being Written in Fast-Melting Greenland
- - Israeli, US Militaries Simulate Ship Hijacking Amid Tensions
- - Italian PM Conte to Resign After League Party Pulls Backing