Burma is destroying the villages of 90 percent of Rohingya who fled
AN overwhelming majority of the remaining Rohingya Muslims living in Rakhine State, Burma (Myanmar) have been driven out by violence from Buddhist vigilantes and the Tatmadaw Army a report has claimed, as new satellite imagery depicts the destruction of their depopulated villages. At least 90 percent of the Rohingya population in Rakhine State have fled into neighbouring Bangladesh, according to data published by local news website The Irrawaddy in a special report last week. The International Organisation for Migration has recorded some 688,000 people who have fled Rakhine State into Cox’s Bazar since Aug 25 amid so-called “clearing operations” by Burma’s Tatmadaw army. The military stands accused of mass killings, rape and arson in Muslim villages. SEE ALSO: ‘Slaughter of innocence’: Nobel laureates visit Rohingya, call for Suu Kyi’s resignation ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Burma is destroying the villages of 90 percent of Rohingya who fled, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIAN CORRESPONDENT - Tuesday, 27 February, 2018
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Asian stocks mixed as investors await US-China trade developments
- - All-girls international school comes to Bangkok
- - Chiang Mai joins Global Climate Strike on its most polluted day.
- - Flash Floods, Earthquake in Indonesia Kill Over 80
- - Air Pollution Cuts Lives Short by More Than Two Years in Thailand
- - One dead, kids injured in school bus accident in Prachinburi
- - Indonesia’s gambling with a tax on e-commerce. Will it pay off?
- - Should Media Avoid Naming the Gunmen in Mass Shootings?
- - Water sharing in Indonesia key to smothering transboundary haze
- - Asian stocks trade higher as investors await US-China trade developments