Buddhist monk in Sri Lanka gets six years' jail in contempt case
A Sri Lankan court on Wednesday handed a six-year jail term to a Buddhist monk accused of inciting violence against Muslims, holding him guilty of contempt just months after he was convicted of intimidating the wife of a missing journalist. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Buddhist monk in Sri Lanka gets six years' jail in contempt case, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: REUTERS ASIA NEWS - Wednesday, 8 August, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Cricket: Bangladesh captain Mortaza out of Sri Lanka ODIs due to injury REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Yesterday) - Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza has been ruled out of their one-day international series against Sri Lanka due to a hamstring injury, the country's cricket board (BCB) said on Friday. ...
- Older News
- Vote! Monk arrested for rape 16 years ago Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SUPHAN BURI: A 33-year-old monk was arrested in U Thong district on Friday morning for the alleged rape of a drunk woman after they left a pub together 16 years...
- Vote! Sri Lanka Orders Arrest of Top Police Watchdog VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - Sri Lanka's chief prosecutor on Wednesday ordered the arrest of a top officer at the police watchdog over his alleged involvement in a multi-million dollar gun-running racket.Saman Dissanayake, the secretary...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - US Lawmakers Inspect Crowded Border Migrant Centers
- - Pompeo Warns of Threat From Hezbollah at Argentine Ceremony
- - As Pam Grier Celebrates 70, She Finds Peace off the Grid
- - Iran Says It Seized British Oil Tanker in Strait of Hormuz
- - Universal to Release 2 New Films in its 'Halloween' Saga
- - Hanging wires: Another motorcyclist strangled to death
- - Deburring and cleaning plastic components with CO2snow in a single dry process
- - Drone Attack Hits Shiite Militia Base in Northern Iraq
- - Online, Workplace Harassment Add to Dangers Faced by Female Journalists
- - Spain's Socialists, Far-left Party Move Closer to Government Deal